Applications for PR card

The permanent resident card (PR Card) is the official proof of your status as a permanent resident in Canada.

You need a PR Card if:

  • You are a permanent resident (including a child);
  • You plan on travelling outside of Canada; and
  • You plan on returning to Canada by any commercial transporter, such as a plane, train, boat or bus. 

Use this application if you are a permanent resident in Canada who wants to apply for:

  • Your first PR Card;
  • A renewal of your PR Card that has or will soon expire;
  • You legally changed your name and need to update your PR card;
  • A replacement of your PR Card that has been lost, stolen or damaged; or
  • To change the gender designation on your PR Card.

Become a citizen of



Calgary, AB