Canadian experience class
The Canadian Experience Class is for skilled workers who have Canadian work experience and want to become permanent residents.
- Meet the required language levels needed for your job for each language ability
- Have at least 1 year of skilled work experience in Canada, in the last 3 years before you apply—you can meet this in a few different ways:
- Full-time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full-time (1,560 hours)
- Equal amount in part-time work: for example 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
- You can work as many part-time jobs as you need to meet this requirement.
- Full-time work at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
- Have gained your work experience by working in Canada while under temporary resident status with authorization to work.