Restoration of status

If your temporary status in Canada (e.g. your study permit) has expired and you did not apply for an extension before the expiry date, you must apply to restore your status within 90 days of the expiry date if you want to stay in Canada. This process is known as restoration of status.

It is important to note that since status and authorization are not the same under the IRPA, an applicant can only restore their status to that of a temporary resident and to the authorization that they held immediately prior to the restoration application. As an example, a student who lost their status cannot apply to restore temporary resident status with authorization to work.

Become a citizen of



Calgary, AB