Skilled trades program
The Federal Skilled Trades Program is for skilled workers who want to become permanent residents based on being qualified in a skilled trade.
To be eligible, you must
- Meet the required language levels for each language ability
- Have at least 2 years of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work experience) in a skilled trade within the 5 years before you apply
- Your work experience must be for paid work (paid wages or earned commission—volunteer work or unpaid internships don’t count)
- Meet the job requirements for that skilled trade as set out in the National Occupational Classification, except for needing a certificate of qualification
- Have a
- Valid job offer of full-time employment for a total period of at least 1 year or
- Certificate of qualification in that skilled trade issued by a Canadian provincial, territorial or federal authority.